Date:      Mon, 6 Mar 2006 11:29:21 +0100
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Subversion? (Re: HEADS UP: Importing csup into base)

According to Divacky Roman:
> I do agree that cvs has its drawbacks but there is OpenCVS (cvs
> reimplementation by openbsd folks) which seems to be actively maintained and
> its authors promised things like atomic commits etc.

When ?  Just having atomic commits is not enough.  If you take the HEAD of
cvs right now (1.12.*), you get a "commit id" generated for all commits.

> I think that switch from gnu cvs to opencvs is painless and should be done
> (once the opencvs is in usable state) because

VCS migration is too heavy to switch to just CVS+epsilon.

> 1) its actively maintained
> 2) its BSD licensed
> 3) might have some features gnu cvs doesnt have

"might" and "when" are more important and they kill opencvs right now.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
Darwin snuadh.freenix.org Kernel Version 7.9.0: Wed Mar 30 20:11:17 PST 2005