Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 2006 04:52:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum" <bg271828@yahoo.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net>, FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: Various package/ports problems

Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> wrote: On Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 06:31:18PM -0700, Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum wrote:
> Kris Kennaway  wrote: On Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 05:58:36PM -0700, Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum wrote:
> > Kris Kennaway  wrote: On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 01:59:14PM -0700, Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks, i CAN compile from the ports collection (i never wanted to use
> >>  packages). Its MANAGING this that i cant do. I can update my ports tree
> >> fine, and i can go into ports directory and do a make install, sure.
> >>
> >> But i cant do portsversion to see what needs updating, and i cant do
> >> pkg_info to find out what versions i have. So doing something like
>
> >Why not (in both cases)?As i posted in the original message - the main question i was
> asking - both of these are broken in some way. Reposting:
>
> ---
>
> For example if i try to run "portversion" i get:
>
>   undefined method `each' for nil:NilClass
>   /usr/local/sbin/portversion:239: [BUG] Bus Error
>
> from Ruby (ruby 1.8.5 is up to date on the system).

:> pkgdb -f

~ $ sudo pkgdb -f
~ $ portversion
undefined method `each' for nil:NilClass
/usr/local/sbin/portversion:239: [BUG] Bus Error
ruby 1.8.5 (2006-08-25) [i386-freebsd4]

Abort trap (core dumped)
~ $

> If i try to run "pkg_info" I quickly get:
>
>   pkg_info: read_plist: bad command '@conflicts apache+ipv6-1.*'

:> Deinstall the package that was built for a later version of
:> FreeBSD.

KrisHow do i tell which this is? Most of this box seems to be compiled
from ports, not installed packages. apache+ipv6 is not installed.

~ $ pkg_info
ImageMagick-nox11-6.0.2.7 Image processing tools
analog-6.0_1,1      An extremely fast program for analysing WWW logfiles
pkg_info: read_plist: bad command '@conflicts apache+ipv6-1.*'
~

I rebuilt analog from ports but that doesnt seem to be it.

Thanks for your continued help.

Jen