Date:      Fri, 14 Sep 2001 10:34:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Christoph Sold <so@i-clue.de>
Cc:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>, <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Netatalk crash on RC4 (was: Re: 4.4-RC4 report [succes])

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Christoph Sold wrote:

> Christoph Sold wrote:
>
> > Joe Clarke wrote:
> >
> >> It applied for me.  Did you save it to a Windows machine that possibly
> >> added ^M characters?
> >>
> > Ooops. Guilty. Doing it again right now.
> >
> >>  I have done some more testing, and I think it's a
> >> winner.  Too bad the ports tree is frozen for 4.4, though :-(.
> >>
> >> Anyway, here is the patch again.
> >>
> > The patch applied cleanly here. netatalk runs now without problems.
> > Testing on Mac OS X will have to wait a while, since I got to recover
> > a crashed server.
>
> Mac OS X connection worked when typing the afs:// address into the
> network connection box. Anyhow, the server does not show up in the
> directory listing. File services worked, too. Not yet checked if Quark
> still has got problems.

Netatalk does not include a SERVLOC (I think that's what OS X uses)
service.  Therefore, you have to type in the name of the server directly.
I don't know enough about how OS X finds services, but I would love to
write a daemon for it if more info could be provided.  I think it's time
to break out ethereal.

Thanks for your feedback, Christoph.  I have added the patch to the port.
netatalk-1.5p7_3 is now available.  This new version also makes bento
happier with regard to the plist.

Joe