Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2002 13:33:17 +0100 (CET)
From:      Marcel Stangenberger <marcel@hayholt.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?q?shubha=20mr?= <shubha_mr@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: urgent help

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, [iso-8859-1] shubha mr wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to install samba on my freeBSD machine and
> it says "/: write file system full " .Looks like the
> hard disk is not sufficient.How do I solve this
> issue,meaning to uninstall a few things?

depending on the packages you have installed you can run
pkg_info to see all the installed packages and then remove the ones you
don't want to use/need.

to do so the easy way go to /usr/ports/sysutils/pkg_remove/ and do a
make && make install && make clean

after that you can remove packages by using pkg_remove <pkg name>

emptying the /usr/ports/distfiles should help to :-)

i don't know what kind of disk (size) you are using and how it is
partitioned so this is about all the help i have for you.

Marcel