Date:      Thu, 27 Nov 1997 23:20:42 +0100 (MET)
From:      Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        jake@bc1.comx, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fxtv and voxware

> Don't know about the Zoltrix card, but I assume it has a line out.  Is this
> plugged into the line in of your audio card?
>
> Under FreeBSD, do you get sound if you plug the line out of your Zoltrix
> card into something else (a receiver)?  If not, the bt848 driver may not be
> initializing the Zoltrix card completely (which wouldn't surprise me since
> the Hauppauge, STB [and Amancio's Intel card] are the ones that have gotten
> the most use under FreeBSD).

The driver in 2.2.2-RELEASE assumes the sound source selection
register is 3 bits wide.  It is just luck that it works on as many
cards as it do.  (Sorry, Amancio - I don't mean to be dissing your
work).

To the person asking the original question: Try upgrading to the
current driver (from 2.2.5-STABLE) and see if the problem go away.
Otherwise, you'll have to experiment with the MUX selection values -
I'll come back to you with driver patches to allow experimentation if
this is the case.

Eivind.