Date:      Sun, 4 Mar 2012 14:39:01 +0800
From:      Irjohn Junus <i.junus@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intel(R) PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter not working properly

Hello,

This was originally posted here:
http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?p=168854&posted=1#post168854

I'm building a new PF firewall box based on FreeBSD 9 Release. Motherboard
is Foxconn H61S Mini-ITX with Intel PRO/1000 PT dual port server adapter.

The adapter is recognized as em0 and em1 but em0 just won't work (i.e no
light on the port when connected to the switch) and em1 works only in
100baseTX full-duplex mode (no carrier if I force it to 1000baseT). I tried
to change switch port, UTP cable from Cat5e to Cat6 but still no luck. The
onboard Realtek works fine. Switch is Netgear GS608. Could it be a bad
Intel card?

I also tried to compile the latest driver from Intel but it gives error
during compilation:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/conf...&Dwnldid=17509<http://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/17509/eng/em-7.2.4.tar.gz&lang=eng&Dwnldid=17509>;

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ps: command captures are provided at the url above.