Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2020 15:53:35 +0000
From:      Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD for the desktop/laptop, was: FreeBSD 12.0 end-of-life

On Thu, 20 Feb 2020 at 12:17, David Demelier <markand@malikania.fr> wrote:

> FreeBSD for desktop is still not a thing. It won't change anytime soon
> because lacks of manpower and less interest into porting things to
> FreeBSD. That's why DRM, bluetooth, wireless, ACPI and wayland terribly
> lag behind Linux.

My day-to-day system is Linux Mint Debian Edition 3 on a Thinkpad. I'd
gladly ditch Linux for good on my laptop for FreeBSD or indeed any
*BSD if battery charge thresholds and re-calibration for the Thinkpad
were available [1]. I know that FreeBSD has something similar but I
wouldn't know how to make it work and there are no official docs.

[1] https://linrunner.de/en/tlp/docs/tlp-linux-advanced-power-management.html

--
Ottavio Caruso