Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2001 12:32:57 -0500
From:      steve.d.meacham@mail.sprint.com
To:        andy@tecc.co.uk, netch@iv.nn.kiev.ua
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: shutdown not completing (more info)

--openmail-part-47e2cd16-00000001

This is sort of like an "is it plugged in" sanity check, but...

After issuing 'shutdown now', I believe that you need to go to screen
one (Alt-F1) where you're prompted for which shell to use and then
dropped into single-user.

If you don't go to screen one, then the machine will have the
appearance of hanging.

Regards,
Steven