Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2011 22:59:16 +0330
From:      Bahman Kahinpour <bahman.linux@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Subject:   ulpt0 Not Recognized! (HP LaserJet P1102)

Hello,

Your guide was very advantageous (thanks a lot) and also I downloaded
some of your other guides. So far I understood that the data port for
a USB printer becomes /dev/ulpt0 instead of /dev/lpt0 which is for a
PARALLEL printer. But, when I turn on my HP printer there is no
/dev/ulpt0 while the printer is recognized on the USB bus (checked
with usbconfig).

Then, the problem is: What should I do so that lpt0 appears in /dev or
a HP printer. (I don't really like fancy features of CUPS and HPLIP) I
simply need printing!

Thanks for help