Date:      Thu, 28 Apr 2005 10:27:43 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Headsup: USB MFCs to 4.x

Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org> wrote:
 > I have just merged in most of the lowest level changes to 4.x from 6.x.

Thank you very much!  It's very good to see such important
updates in RELENG_4, despite the existance of RELENG_5.

 > If you use USB on 4.x machines and are planning on following RELENG_4
 > then I suggest you test the latest sources to avoid nasty surprises later.

I do follow RELENG_4.  Unfortunately I'm currently in the
process of moving to a new flat, so I have zero time for
testing right now.

 > I will probably merge some of the actual device drivers as well, though
 > I have
 > limited resources for testing them..

Maybe my USB modem will work one day.  For the time being
I'm using a good old serial (RS232) modem (fortunately my
notebook still has an RS232 serial port).

I'll test it as soon as I have the time, and report the
results.

Thanks again for your work, it's really appreciated!

Best regards
   Oliver

"Python tricks" is a tough one, cuz the language is so clean. E.g.,
C makes an art of confusing pointers with arrays and strings, which
leads to lotsa neat pointer tricks; APL mistakes everything for an
array, leading to neat one-liners; and Perl confuses everything
period, making each line a joyous adventure <wink>.
        -- Tim Peters