Date:      Thu, 9 Mar 2006 20:39:52 -0500
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make index failing on chinese/acroread5-chsfont

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 05:09:23PM -0800, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 03:01:32AM +0200, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> > root@it> /usr/ports/mail/nail [2:59:34] 0
> >  # ll /usr/ports/chinese/ | grep acro
> > drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel   512 Feb 23 07:33 acroread-zh_CN
> > drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel   512 Feb 23 07:33 acroread-zh_TW
> >=20
> > remove that directory and ask yourself what did you do to have it there.
> >=20
> > Perhaps rm -r /usr/ports/* and cvsup again
>=20
> I don't think Mr. Symonds "did anything to have it there".  It's on
> all of our system as well, and is not being deleted via cvsup.  I
> believe this is normal behaviour (for cvsup).

It was removed 3 weeks ago, so the only way cvsup will not delete it
is if you either direct it not to delete files, or if you initially
installed your ports tree from some other non-cvsup method (e.g. from
sysinstall), and then neglected to 'adopt' it the first time you ran
cvsup (per the faq on polstra.com).

Kris

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG--