Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 2008 15:52:43 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Randy Schultz <schulra@earlham.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: request for (security) comments on this setup

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, Randy Schultz wrote:

Hi,

> I'm mounting some iSCSI storage in a jail.  It's mounting in the jail via
> fstab.<jailname>.  When the jail is up and I'm logged into the jail I can cd
> to the mount point, r/w etc., everything seems to work.  What's weird tho'
> is,
> while a df on the parent shows the partion mounted as expected, a df inside
> the jail shows the local disk but not the iSCSI mount.
> So, my first question is what am I missing, the second is does mounting
> things
> this way into a jail pose any sort of risk for escaping the jail?

Does anything change if you do a
 	sysctl security.jail.enforce_statfs=1

If that's what you want you can add the following lines to
/etc/sysctl.conf in the base system so it is automatically set upon
boot:

# jails
security.jail.enforce_statfs=1

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb              Stop bit received. Insert coin for new game.