Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 1998 11:50:17 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Mark Stosberg <mark@summersault.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: http://www.freebsd.org/advocacy/?

>  http://www.tiny1.demon.co.uk/case-histories/COLM-4-25-95.html
>    favors Linux

No surprise.  Larry McVoy has been a positively rabid BSD basher. :)

>  http://www.linuxrx.com/WS_Linux/OS_comparison.html
>   (check the boxes for Linux and FreeBSD)
>   This is attempting to be unbiased, although it is on the
>   "Linux Resource Exchange Page". Linux seems to fair slightly better
>   in the comparision.

Somewhat old.

> I also looked through freebsd.org for this sort of document, but couldn't fin
> one. I even tried http://www.freebsd.org/advocacy/ :)

Nobody's ever had the temerity to do one, I think. :-)

http://www.futuresouth.com/~fullermd/freebsd/bsdvlin.html

is another page, but it's mostly just full of testimonials.  I'm not
sure you'll find much graphable data, to be honest, unless you have
some scratch machines lying around to test with.  Most folks don't
tend to gather those kinds of stats, at least I've never seen
any.  Good luck!

- Jordan