Date:      Sat, 22 Apr 2000 17:18:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   libgmp-3.0 upgrade and Secure RPC

I've completed the bmake framework for libgmp 3.0 which is ready to commit
- see http://people.FreeBSD.org/~kris/libgmp.tar.gz

However, I was looking at what in the base system actually uses
libgmp/libmp, and I could only spot four users:

chkey, newkey, keyserv (Secure RPC)
telnet

All of these uses are crypto-related and require the presence of the
crypto distribution. Given that we now have another integer maths library
(libcrypto) in the base system, would it make sense to convert those four
to use it instead of libmp, and rip out libgmp to a port?

Kris

----