Date:      Fri, 28 Oct 2011 12:57:58 -0200
From:      Eduardo <sathler90@gmail.com>
To:        Sergio de Almeida Lenzi <lenzi.sergio@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS on Dell with FreeBSD

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 1:36 PM, Sergio de Almeida Lenzi
<lenzi.sergio@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have several dells with the perc controller
> and I can say that the best solution is
> to user raid 0 (see both disks) and let
> zfs to mirror them..
>
> This works ok, and you can use the zfs tools to
> manage the disks.
>
> Howerver this does not solve the problem that I
> had with the perc controller..

Hi,

I have one observation regarding a similar situation ... if I am using
the perc to create a mirror of the 2 boot disks (using UFS) ... and
the perc crashes / die or gets replaced ... I use to think that I
could boot from the individual disk ... since in this case the data is
there and does not need the perc to see it .... is this correct ? or
you think that I will not be able to boot the system ? (or even if it
is not the boot disk ... I should be able to mount one of the drives
anyway... )

Thanks!