Date:      Sat, 24 Jun 1995 15:52:52 +0100
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freebsd.org>
To:        evanc@synapse.net (Evan Champion)
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Caldera Network Desktop

> My question would be would someone from Walnut Creek and/or the
> FreeBSD gang be interested in shipping a copy of 2.0.5-RELEASE to
> Caldera with a suggestion that while Linux is all well and good, BSD
> is where it's at and FreeBSD is the platform to do it on.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but from everything I've heard,
the Caldera folks are Linux and GPL fanatics.  I doubt that sending
them a CD would result in anything more significant happening than the
generation of a few chuckles inside the Caldera project.

> Or maybe the FreeBSD project members should look around and try to
> come up with their own desktop for FreeBSD (maybe based on the COSE
> desktop).  At any rate, I think that the interface is where the battle
> lines will be drawn and I want to ensure that the package that I love
> is able to fight back with a competitive if not superior product.

This is a fight I could get behind.

					Jordan