Date:      Tue, 9 Sep 2003 09:59:44 +0300
From:      Cristian Salan <csalan@xnet.ro>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nwfs problems

This is my own solving steps. Hope it will help, because on the net there is some confusing information.

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 03:31:23PM +0300, csalan@xnet.ro wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to mount some volumes from a Novell NetWare 5 using 4.8-RELEASE FreeBSD.
>
> dmesg shows the following error:
> /kernel: module_register_init: MOD_LOAD (nwfs, c024387c, 0xc0541500) error 17

It seems that I've compiled the nwfs module in kernel and then loaded again via loader.conf.

>From the original install I've made these modifs:
> #kernel config file
> options NWFS
> options NCP
> options IPX

So I removed it from kernel (NWFS and NCP), recompile it and no more error messages from the kernel. But using "ncplist s", after 10-15 seconds it ends with an error message showing the actual name of the Novell server.

It only works if I restart manually the IPXrouted daemon.

Same problem was on a Linux box, where I put 10 seconds delay between bringing up the network interfaces and the actual mount on the Novell.

Does anybody know where could be the problem?

Best regards,
Cristian Salan

Xnet scaneaza automat toate mesajele impotriva virusilor folosind RAV AntiVirus.
Xnet automatically scans all messages for viruses using RAV AntiVirus.

Nota: RAV AntiVirus poate sa nu detecteze toti virusii noi sau toate variantele lor.
Va rugam sa luati in considerare ca exista un risc de fiecare data cand deschideti
fisiere atasate si ca MobiFon nu este responsabila pentru nici un prejudiciu cauzat
de virusi.

Disclaimer: RAV AntiVirus may not be able to detect all new viruses and variants.
Please be aware that there is a risk involved whenever opening e-mail attachments
to your computer and that MobiFon is not responsible for any damages caused by
viruses.