Date:      Wed, 02 Apr 2008 23:37:34 +0200
From:      Philipp Ost <pj@smo.de>
To:        Ken Gunderson <kgunders@teamcool.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: audio card advice - juli@ or Prodigy hd2

Hi Ken,

Ken Gunderson wrote:
[snipped]
> ... So I'm
> curious if anybody running either of these cards running under FreeBSD
> can offer any feedback.

I'm running neither the Juli@ nor the Prodigy but a Terratec Phase 22
(using snd_envy24ht). The sound is great -- it's the best audio card I
came across till now. Even if I pump up the volume to the maximum the
sound is nice and clear -- but then I'm pushing the Sennheiser HD 500 to
its limits ;-)

The FreeBSD-Wiki has some more information about the status of the
support for the line of envy24-based cards:
http://wiki.freebsd.org/soundsystem

HTH,
Philipp