Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 2003 09:52:26 -0700
From:      Bill Campbell <freebsd@celestial.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: plateful of crow (was Re: Frequent reboots...)

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003, hg@cally.queue.to wrote:
>In mpc.lists.freebsd.stable, gilham@csl.sri.com:
> :  Maybe 4.9 is haunted, maybe its daemon has gone rogue and started
> :  eating hardware. :-)
>
>There must be a bright side to this. Only 1 out of 3 of the machines
>at this site were tested by 4.9 and found wanting.  Howeer, 2/3
>survived.  These are now ready for the "Hardware Certified by
>FreeBSD-4.9" labels that someone needs to get printed up.

Make sure that this includes a test ``see if fan is turning in
power supply''.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill@Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

``We maintain that the very foundation of our way of life is what we call
free enterprise,'' said Cash McCall, "but when one of our citizens
show enough free enterprise to pile up a little of that profit, we do
our best to make him feel that he ought to be ashamed of himself."
		-- Cameron Hawley