Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 2015 14:05:57 +0200
From:      Aleksandr Rybalko <ray@ddteam.net>
To:        Stanislav Galabov <sgalabov@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Initial support for MT7620

On Tue, 15 Dec 2015 16:58:31 +0200
Stanislav Galabov <sgalabov@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> After talking with Adrian off list we decided to start work on Mediatek/Ralink more recent SoCs with MT7620 instead of MT7621 (Adrian’s board has MT7620 so it’s easier for him to help with the WiFi parts this way).
>
> I’ve done a bit today and I got an MT7620A based board to boot to multi user with root filesystem on USB stick.
>
> If anyone is interested in the patch, it can be found here:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/e880eutzvlms8h7/mt7620_patch.diff?dl=0
>
> For the moment there is no support for sys/dev/rt (the Ethernet controller) with MT7620. This is going to be left for later.
> Next I am planning to work on SPI and PCI so that Adrian can start working on WiFi once I’m done with the SPI part.
>
> I would appreciate it if someone would jump in and help with the if_rt support - this way we’ll have something working quicker hopefully :-)
>
> I would also appreciate feedback for the attached patch...
>
> Best wishes,
> Stanislav

Hi Stanislav!

There is patch #1 that did my friend, Alexander A. Mityaev.
Patch cover to things:
1. enable support of RT5350
2. enable FDT configuration for RTxxxx family

First thing may help you to bring if_rt up. Second one may help to work
in right direction, because FDT makes adding new SoC support to looks
like writing config (except some new devices, which will require new
driver for it).

I'm glad to help, but currently limited in time I can spend.
Anyway, I will try to answer your questions ASAP.

Thank you!

[1] http://dev.mt.mk.ua/patch-20150519.diff.gz)

WBW
--