Date:      Fri, 5 Jul 1996 01:15:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jamie <batsy@io.org>
To:        freebsd-install@freebsd.org
Subject:   SIGPIPE in jun12 SNAP install

I have gone through the archives and I haven't found anything on this.
I have been trying to install the jun 12 SNAP and it almost gets there...
But, when I try to install the packages, I look in the "emergency VTY"
and it tells me that it can't pkg_add because of a SIGPIPE error. Someone
has pointed out to me that this may meant that (in all likelyhood) when
it tries to pipe something to tar, tar is no longer a process. His other
suggestion was that it may not be tar, but it seems that a command it
being piped to a dead process or non-existant string.

I have also lost my partition table, but I think that I deserved it.
(MAKEDEV all :)) I have got it installed a few times without a hitch, but
then it barfs when I try to add packegs or X.

I am doing a network install over ethernet, and I have also tried using
the master site. BTW, it doesn't seem to want to recognize $PATH very
well either, but maybe that's another config error on my part.

The big problem is the SIGPIPE error though.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear the m as the
12-16 hours that I have spent on this aren't as fun as the first 3 were:)

		A fish walks into a bar,  completely
		skewing all laws of probablility in
		the universe which, subsequently, implodes.
			Some Guy Named Jamie
			    batsy@io.org