Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2006 11:26:21 +0700 (WIT)
From:      Beastie MRA <beastie@mra.co.id>
To:        bv@wjv.com
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: undeliverable mail

On Dec 20, 2006 10:31 AM, Bill Vermillion <bv@wjv.com> wrote:

>It's Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 09:26 . I'm in a small dim room with
>doors labeled "Dungeon" and "Forbidden". There is noise, the door
>marked Dungeon flies open and Beastie MRA SHOUTS:
>
>>Dear All.
>>
>>For past few days, my MX receive thousand of undeliverable message
>>destinated for my non existent user at my domain.
>>This message source come from valid and well configured (almost) smtp
>>server on internet.
>>I'ts waste my internet b/w, cause my MX will reject with non existent
>>user message.
>>I'll try spamd on my firewall and greylist on my MX (postfix), but
>>still
>>no effective, and i cannot block undeliverable
>>message as RFC rules
>>
>>Is there any way i can fix this ?
>>Please help
>
>I use the virtusertable in sendmail, and I have my valid addresses,
>such as bv@wjv.com bv and then for after that is
>a line of @wjv.com nouser.
>
>And nouser is defined in aliases as nouser: /dev/null
>
>On one of the mail servers I maintain I just checked and I
>had 260,000+ messages routed to "*file*" in the maillog - which
>shows up as mailer=3D*file* in the logs. That maillog rotates
>every night at midnight.
>
>Is not really a freebsd-net problem so I removed that from the
>reply to line.
>
>Bill
>
>--
>Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

Thanks=C2=A0 for response...

but this virtusertable will not stop SMTP server in internet to keep
send you undeliverable message.
I assume someone doing nasty with forged and use my domain email to send
his spam message to non existing user.
and i got undeliverable message.
Is there any clue ??
Oh.. i forget to mention i use 4.11-STABLE for my MX

regards
Reza