Date:      Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:21:41 +0100
From:      RW <list-freebsd-2004@morbius.sent.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: file name case issue on fat32 (Was: Re: Sharing data files on a dual-boot machine ...)

On Tuesday 27 September 2005 14:22, martinko wrote:

> ok. unfortunately i forgot most of my knowledge from the old days of
> ms-dos but what i can say even without it is this -- it's not about
> windows explorer only. i can see the correct file names in all
> applications (under windows of course), i believe. and if windows knows
> whether there should be an "A" or "a" then why freebsd cannot?

Your use of the word "correct" is odd. FreeBSD uses the filename stored on the
disk - the one put there when the file was created. The display of filename
case and the case sensitivity of the filesystem are two different issues. The
real question is why Windows needlessly overides the choices of it's users.