Date:      Sat, 24 Feb 2001 12:02:02 -0600
From:      Damon Permezel <dap@damon.com>
To:        Lauri Laupmaa <mauri@inspiral.net>
Cc:        mjacob@feral.com, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec F950 fibre channel support ?

On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 03:42:34AM +0200, Lauri Laupmaa wrote:
> Matthew Jacob wrote:
>
> > I have some interest in Emulex. However- Emulex (and JNI) has no interest in
> > FreeBSD- and barely some interest in Linux. If you can convince Emulex or JNI
> > to be more open with their specs and you can get them to cough up the h/w, I
>
> SOme poster at this page: http://slashdot.org/askslashdot/00/11/05/106200.shtml
>
> seem to say that there are emulex drivers for linux with source.

I just downloaded the emu drivers for linux from www.emulex.com.

Unfortunately, it is lacking in most of the required source.

Emulex has a "portable" common portion.  The lunix code is
clearly based on this "portable" common portion.
The code for this is missing.

Emulex has invested significant time and $$ and effort in getting the
common portion to where it is, and they probably have good reasons for
not releasing it, although I don't really understand them.