Date:      Wed, 05 Jul 2000 11:04:17 +0900
From:      Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@FreeBSD.org>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: On embedding 'library' graphics into documentation

Sorry, I'm little busy to check these topic carefully.

At 30 Jun 2000 02:52:27 GMT,
nik wrote:
> What about images for other languages?
>
> I don't think this will be a big problem.  Some images will almost certainly
> contain text, or other content that will need to be translated.  The easiest
> way to handle this would be a mechanism in doc.imagelib.mk that looks for
> the images first in the language specific imagelib/ directory (I assume
> each language will have one), and if it can't find it there then it copies
> it from the English imagelib/ directory.  I'd do this now, but it's 3.50am,
> and I need to be up in about 4 hours time. . .

Agreed.  Images may have much information than text, so English text
in images is not important problem.

But I'd like to suggest to use share/image directory instead of
imagelib/.  We used share subdirectory for architecture-independent
files.  And images are architecture-independent (at least my
knowledge).  When you want to use language specific directory, why do
you use one which we already have?  (doc/share, doc/en_*/share,
doc/ja_*/share, ...)

--
Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@FreeBSD.org> // FreeBSD Project