Date:      Sun, 29 Aug 1999 07:50:07 -0700
From:      takuan@allunix.com
To:        Jeff.Baker@ACADHOTLINE.net.au
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE:newbe

Jeff,

Has anybody offered to help you yet?

Although I am not as knowledgeable as most of the people who subscribe to =
this
list, I would be glad to offer my assistance anyway.

For the life of me, I cannot understand how one of the FreeBSD=92s leaders=
 would
just respond to tell you that the list was not the place for questions lik=
e yours. He
could of at least tried to point you in the right direction.

If I were you I might consider checking out NetBSD or OpenBSD because mayb=
the organization which controls the direction of the operating systems mig=
ht be
more inclined to welcome a person who is new to the world of open source
software.

Please email me personally if there is anything I can do to help.

Cheers