Date:      Thu, 1 May 1997 10:26:41 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Lee Crites (AEI)" <leec@adam.adonai.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
Subject:   pppkit.tgz (was Re: netscape via pppd...)

On Thu, 1 May 1997, Brian Somers wrote:

=>pppkit.tgz isn't really port material IMHO, as it's essentially
=>a set of patches for pppd AFAIK.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that was what the ports stuff was all
about.  Supplying patches to some existing software so it will work with
FreeBSD.  Granted we are patching a PART of FreeBSD against itself,
instead of someone elses program...

=>Danny, if you're desperate for a tester, I can look at it at
=>some point, but I can't promise when - I've got lots to do at
=>the moment.

I'm running on 2.2, and will be applying it soon.  I can detail my
experience in a message to whoever cares, if there is a desire for it.

So far I've been so buzy that all I have done is ftp/gunzip the kit and
print the readme file.  My initial impression was that it was a lot more
than I anticipated it would be.  I was thinking I'd get some docu and a
few scripts or programs.  This looks more like a complete package.  So
right off, I'm impressed :*).

Lee