Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2007 00:03:31 +0100 (BST)
From:      Robert Davison <rob_27_preston@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Openwebmail / Perl / SpeedyCGI ERROR (HELP !!)

I have (had!) a working installation of Openwebmail on FreeBSD 6.2, that was untill I ran a portupgrade. When logging into openwebmail I now get a HTTP 500 Internal Server Error.

My /var/log/http-error.log shows the following:

YOU HAVN'T DISABLED SET-ID SCRIPTS IN THE KERNEL YET!
FIX YOUR KERNEL, PUT C WRAPPER AROUND THIS SCRIPT, OR USE -u AND UNDUMP
speedy_backend[32940]: perl_parse error
speedy[32940]: Cannot spawn backend process
Premature end of script headers: openwebmail.pl

Can anyone explain what is going on.

I've tried recompiling perl (with suidperl enabled and disabled) recompiling speedyCGI and also openwebmail, but still get the above error.

I'm starting to pull out what little hair I have left.