Date:      Fri, 07 Jun 2002 11:22:11 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>, Trish Lynch <trish@bsdunix.net>, Alexander Kabaev <ak03@gte.com>, obrien@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: stlport with gcc3 broken in CURRENT

Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 06:05:06PM +0200, Martin Blapp wrote:
> > This is very interesting ...
> >
> > diff -ruN /usr/ports/lang/gcc31/work/gcc-20020527/libstdc++-v3
> > /usr/src/contrib/libstdc++ | more
> >
> > I guess this issues has been fixed in the ports version, and is
> > still unfixed in the system.
> >
> > Why can't we just cvs import the new version ?
>
> Talk to David O'Brien or Peter Wemm.

I think they have not done it because they don't use the code,
and that there was never any specific reason to *not* do it.

You could check the list archives for the last 3 times people with
commit privs have complained about it, but done nothing about it
themselves.

Barring an objection by Peter or David, you should just commit
the diff, and if it bothers someone, they can back it out; for
the most part, I think people will be happy.

-- Terry