Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 2008 15:32:46 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   JDK ports questions

Hi,

This might be a dumb question, but I'm going to ask it
anyway.  :-)

What is the difference between ports/java/diablo-jdk15
and ports/java/jdk15?  Which of them should be used?

So far I have only used the Sun-blessed binary package
from the FreeBSD foundation download page, so I don't
know much about the various ports.  However, those
packages are now quite old, so I would like to build
an up-to-date JDK for FreeBSD 7.  Which port should
be used for that?

Thanks for any insight!

Best regards
   Oliver

"[...]  one observation we can make here is that Python makes
an excellent pseudocoding language, with the wonderful attribute
that it can actually be executed."  --  Bruce Eckel