Date:      Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:07:01 -0400
From:      Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Serious issue with serial console in 5.4

On Jul 21, 2005, at 4:56 AM, Eirik =D8verby wrote:

> However, since I seem to be the only one who has noticed this, =20
> perhaps I'm the last person on earth to routinely use serial =20
> terminal switches instead of KVM switches to do my admin work?

no, there are plenty of us out here... i have two 16 port cyclades =20
boxes I use for this purpose.  i've never run into this problem, but =20
then I only have 3 boxes running FreeBSD 5.x and I almost never log =20
into the console: only for OS upgrades or the extremely rare panic on =20=

one of the  a dual proc Opteron systems.

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806