Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 1995 14:07:43 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        hsu@cs.hut.fi (Heikki Suonsivu)
Cc:        jmb@kryten.atinc.com, hsu@cs.hut.fi, freebsd-questions@freefall.freebsd.org

Heikki Suonsivu stands accused of saying:
> I was dropped off the bugs list for about three weeks and I would like to
> peek into what happened there, particularly as someone said he had similar
> problems reported like I have had (slirp panics).

I've been sitting on this one too; SLiRP under 2.0.5-RELEASE seems to
cause random panics/lockups/reboots, but only under _very_ restricted
circumstances.

My sample space was a single local ISP; they had _one_ user (WfW/Trumpet
winsock) whose (innocuous, we watched them) behaviour patterns, modem,
PPP configs, whatever, would sometimes cause SLiRP to kill the machine.

We could find no meaningful cause for the crashes, but obviously intense
debugging with a live system wasn't practical.

> Heikki Suonsivu, T{ysikuu 10 C 83/02210 Espoo/FINLAND,

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[