Date:      Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:51:47 -0500
From:      RL <rlurman@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Wireless Card and SSID

Sending again... I really need to solve this.

I have a Netgear WAG511 PC Card and am using the ath driver. In my
/etc/rc.conf I have ath0 to use DHCP and also I have:
ifconfig_ath0="ssid myssid".  Now, I can set this all up manually
using ifconfig and it works till I reboot. When I set it in my rc.conf
and I boot it up, I get "ath0: association failed (reason 12) for
00:0f:66:02..." flash on my screen one right after another. And when I
do ifconfig, it shows no IP address NOR the ssid I set.  For some
reason it doesn't see the SSID or DHCP I set up in rc.conf.