Date:      Tue, 01 Jul 2008 17:28:28 +0200
From:      Jan Henrik Sylvester <me@janh.de>
To:        gnome-list freebsd <freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   firefox3 error, gconf related on none gnome system

Starting firefox3, I always get this annoying error:

Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that
you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS
locks due to a system crash. See http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/
for information. (Details -  1: IOR file '/var/tmp/gconfd-jan/lock/ior'
not opened successfully, no gconfd located: No such file or directory 2:
IOR file '/var/tmp/gconfd-jan/lock/ior' not opened successfully, no
gconfd located: No such file or directory)

I do not run gnome, but have gconf2 installed as a dependency to many
application. /var/tmp/gconfd-jan/lock/ is an empty directory for me.

How can I fix it? Do you need more details?

Otherwise, firefox3 seems to be running great. Thanks!

Regards,
Jan Henrik