Date:      Fri, 19 Oct 2001 22:05:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Doug Swarin <doug@staff.texas.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: more on Re: Please review: bugfix for vinvalbuf()

:I'm not able to reproduce this at will at the moment. The PR I mention
:has a program which it claims can cause the crash, which I will try
:running. I'll also try tailing various logfiles, including the one which
:caused this crash, which is being written to on the machine that is the
:NFS server.
:
:Doug

    In looking at the code the solution may simply be to loop back up
    to the top of vinvalbuf() instead of panic if we wind up with
    buffer cache buffers.  If V_SAVE is set the act of writing dirty
    VM pages can cause new buffer to instantiate and result in the panic.
    But I would really like to get the bug reproduceable to make sure
    that the solution really does fix it.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>