Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 1999 21:16:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Modred <modred@ns1.antisocial.net>
To:        David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, webmaster@deancare.com
Subject:   Re: Internal DNS

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, David Wolfskill wrote:

> I'd expect that running a secondary for domB.com would be the thing to
> do (assuming that they may well have DNS information for internal
> consumption that isn't published out on the Internet).

For what he's asking, I'd agree...

On another note...  Forwarding may help a bit too...  he said 'connected
to' another domain.  Did you accquire a new domain/partner?  Is the
connection between domA and domB good?  If so, sharing cache may increase
performance.

> Beware, though:  if folks in domA.com were used to referring to machine
> bar.domB.com as merely "bar" (from habits or code from domB.com, for
> example), and want to do this even from within domA.com, you may get

If 'bar' isn't in domA and domB, 'search domA.com domB.com' may help ease
the transistion...  Murphy's law suggests their favorite hosts will exist
in both domains.  ;)

Later,
--mike