Date:      Sat, 27 Dec 2003 11:45:38 -0600
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Trish <failte@sentex.net>
Cc:        rob copsey <robc@execpc.com>
Subject:   Model Posting (was Re: Invalid Partion - help on setting up loader)

Trish wrote:

>Hi Rob, my post was in no way intended to denigrate the worthy efforts
>of those who have gone before.  It just seems that any technical
>question has a response of read the manual and post elsewhere..so it
>was simply a tongue in cheek way of asking..what CAN you do here? :)
>               ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>Regards,
>
>Trish

<<mines's wedged through my jaw>>

Yeah, good question.  What's newbies@ supposed to look like,
sound like, and what are the subscribers supposed to say??

Maybe something like this??

Dear FreeBSD Newbies:

{$greeting}!  My name is {$name} and I just wanted
to say {$expression} to {$person||$persons}for {$reason}.

Until  {$datestamp} I was using {$alt-OS}  /* see note below */
at {$location} for my {$hobby||$work||$obsession}.   Now I've
got FreeBSD installed and it's {$adjective1}.  I think {$bug||$feature}
is really {$adjective2} and I've also had {$adjective3}luck with
{$portname} and {$portname2} /* optional troll bait */ which
is as good or better than {$Winapp||$GNUapp}, IMO.

I have been having some {$adjective4} getting my {$hardware}
to  {$verb} with the GENERIC kernel, and {$software} won't
{$verb2} at all,  but I think a little more {$noun}and it'll be
{$adjective5}  Anyone else had any {$noun2}like this??

Ah, well, soon I hope to do {$verb3||$amazing-feat} using only
FBSD & {$obscure-hardware||$obscure-software}.   Any newbies
out there who are interested in {$noun3} give me a holler and
maybe we can {$verb4}.

FreeBSD {$verb5|| echo "forever"}!!

<<.sig file>>
**Roll two dice; if you get double sixes, put any OS name here, otherwise
it must be a software product of the current "Evil Empire".....

:-)

Kevin Kinsey