Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 1997 13:57:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   JDK 1.1.x and AWT

Has anyone found a workaround for the AWT?

Specifically, I am running kwhite's JDK 1.1, the new FreeBSD 1.1.2, and Linux
Blackdown 1.1.3 (Separately, that is!)  I do not have Motif, so I am using
Lesstif 0.8.2.  Nearly every time I use an applet or application that uses AWT,
I get a Segmentation Fault.  The two I constantly crash are Caffeine 3.0 and
ICQ 0.95.

Is there a better way to configure JDK so it won't crash on AWT?  Besides
buying Motif?

Patrick Gardella