Date:      Sun, 9 Nov 1997 12:35:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <perlsta@cs.sunyit.edu>
To:        Atipa <freebsd@atipa.com>
Cc:        Charles Mott <cmott@srv.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IDT processors?

intel stinks, period.
First the Pentium FPU bug, then the PII and PPro FPU bug (anyone besides
me know about this?) and now any server out there running shell is
vulnerable to DOS from some dumbass with gcc and the ability to paste from
a webpage into thier telnet terminal?

AMD has a bug with systems with greater than 64 megs of ram
With Cyrix chips you're lucky if the damn thing doesn't smolder through
your motherboard.

plus with the baby wintels they just dfon't have enough testing behind
them to see if they have any esoteric bugs like the pentium or worse.

sorry for the rant, anyone know where  can get a bug free chip? someone
has to be making them... :)

-Alfred