Date:      Sat, 19 Sep 1998 11:30:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      ryand@raptor.cqi.com
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   over 512 megs memory problems...

We have just bought a 256 meg dimm to boost our total ram up to 640 megs.
There is a problem, the system goes reallly slow. We've tried just about
everything, maxmem, iosiz, bouncebuffer, changing around the memory hole,
and nothing works except not going over 512 megs in our system. The 256
dimm works fine, but if we go over 512 megs, it goes slow. Has anyone else
experienced this before, or have any more ideas for us?