Date:      Tue, 11 Mar 2003 00:19:24 -0800
From:      Matt Navarre <mnavarre@cox.net>
To:        Martin Karlsson <mk-freebsd@bredband.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: python interpreter in vim6 port

On Monday 10 March 2003 03:02 am, Martin Karlsson wrote:
> * Matt Navarre <mnavarre@cox.net> [2003-03-08 20.46 -0800]:
> > hello,
> > Does anyone know how to get python (and perl for that matter) support
> > compiled into the vim port? The Makefile has a line that says
> > WITH_PYTHON=3D    yes but looking at the output of configure the
> > --enable-pythoninterp argument is not getting passed to configure. Is
> > there some magic incantation of make to get python in there?
>
> Doing make "WITH_PYTHON=3Dyes" does it for me (that is, I don't see it
> in the output of configure, but issuing :version from within Vim shows
> +python).

Yup, that got it. looking at the makefile it looked like the conditions s=
hould=20
be met but obviously wern't. Anyhoo I now have a vim with perl and python=
=20
built in. Thanks!

--=20
 It was a hard sell, since he's a database person, and as far as I've see=
n,=20
once those database worms eat into your brain, it's hard to ever get anyt=
hing=20
practical done again. To a database person, every nail looks like a thumb=
=2E Or=20
something like that. - jwz