Date:      Mon, 3 Mar 2014 08:16:07 +0100
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        David Thiel <lx@redundancy.redundancy.org>
Cc:        "Chad J. Milios" <milios@ccsys.com>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dns/djbdns [do-package] Error code 1

--OX2aLCKeO1apYW07

On Sun, Mar 02, 2014 at 07:53:31PM -0800, David Thiel wrote:
> On 02/27, Chad J. Milios wrote:
> > root@kakashi:~ # dnscache-conf dnscache dnslog /var/service/dnscache
> > dnscache-conf: fatal: unable to switch to=20
> > /usr/ports/dns/djbdns/work/stage/usr/local: file does not exist
> > root@kakashi:~ # strings `which dnscache-conf` | grep stage
> > /usr/ports/dns/djbdns/work/stage/usr/local
> >=20
> > HOWEVER the software works properly ONCE it manages to get installed by=
=20
> > the normal `make clean install` method (where i have to try about 15=20
> > times with my fingers crossed and by the grace of God it works one of=
=20
> > the times) and strings reports no 'stage' anywhere in dnscache-conf
>=20
> Bapt figured it out. The "it" target included the install target, making
> "prog" the more appropriate build target. I'm still rather confused as
> to why this made the issues timing-sensitive (and apparently only in
> some environments), but it should work now. Similar issues may be
> affecting other djb ports; I'll investigate that this week.
>=20
I have been able to reproduce this issue everywhere, sorry it was totally my
fault as with "DEVELOPER=3Dyes" in my make.conf it was showing the problem =
during
the qa phase which somehow I haven't seen the first time when I staged it.

My bad, I deserve my pointyhat for that one.

I have had a look at sysutils/daemontools and it is safe in that area, in f=
act
given how most of djb's Makefile are written 'it' should be the right targe=
t,
djbdns seems a bit special here.

Sorry about the initial breakage

regards,