Date:      Mon, 7 Apr 2003 17:39:21 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Konrad Scorciapino <fallenbr@uol.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB Printer

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Konrad Scorciapino wrote:

> > could you please post to the list the steps you took to get it working?
> > Or barring that just e-mail them directly to me?
>
> konrad@localhost /home/konrad # enscript -p /etc/motd | gs -q -dNOPAUSE

Look out!  That's the bad version of the command, where it will wipe out
/etc/motd because you are telling enscript to print *into* that file.
Of course, if you correct the command to "enscript -p- /etc/motd" and
try it again without putting something in the now-blank /etc/motd, you
will be printing an empty file.