Date:      Tue, 16 Dec 2003 13:12:40 -0700
From:      "Dr. Lyman Hazelton" <lrh@alum.mit.edu>
To:        tech@freebsdmall.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   New name for Floppy disk devices?

OK, so sometimes serial devices that one would expect to have names in
/dev like sio0 or sio1 are now called cuaa0 or cuaa1 (for reasons
beyond my understanding).  Now I can see my floppy disk in the dmesg
output, but there doesn't appear to be an fdc0 in /dev.  Did floppy
disk devices get renamed, too, or is it hiding somewhere else, or did
it, for some unknown reason, just vanish?  I'm trying to create a
floppy disk boot pair, and can't write to a device I can't find.
Help?

       -Lyman