Date:      Thu, 19 Jan 2012 10:41:27 -0600
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Ismael_Farf=C3=A1n?= <sulfurfff@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 9

2012/1/19 Jonathan Vomacka <juvix88@gmail.com>:
> On Jan 18, 2012 9:37 PM, "Allan McKinnon" <mckinnon@live.com> wrote:
>>

>> I finally got to install FreeBSD 9 onto my computer and noticed that the
> installer is now different. =C2=A0It seems to me that it forces you into =
doing
> extra steps that I was comfortable doing on my own. =C2=A0I really enjoye=
d the
> old installer because then I had complete control over how I tweaked my
> computer during and after the install. =C2=A0I am surprised that there is=
 no gui
> present while installing FreeBSD because it feels more like Ubuntu or a
> windows install (somewhat). =C2=A0Please, please, please take this nightm=
are
> away and bring the beloved installer that was before FreeBSD 9.
>> Thank you for listening.
>> Allan
>
> I am going to have to agree. The new installer is terrible

Actually, I like the new installer, it's great, simple, fast and
straight forward; only uncompress 4 files and you're done, still let
you enable the services you need.

I think it can be improved a little more though, for instance the
manual partition utility could show the total available free space in
units that will actually fill the disk/partition (It recommended me to
create a 40G partition and let 800Mb unpartitioned hole at the end)
and could also show a resume of the steps to be performed.

Other than that, I think is a good improvement.

Cheers
Ismael