Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 2003 21:44:01 +0000 (UTC)
From:      naddy@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Microsoft Network Security Pack

Chip Morton <2m5mefx02@sneakemail.com> wrote:

> Did anybody else get an e-mail message like this, or was I targeted
> specifically?  This actually came with an attachment called UPDATE107.EXE
> that was about 152 KB in size.

I have received hundreds, nay thousands of those--or similar ones--
from *.vip.uk.com and probably from elsewhere, too.  They make up
a significant part in volume of the 915MB of junk e-mail I have
collected so far this year.

Presumably it's some sort of MS Windows worm.  I can't reliably
distinguish spam, worms, trojans, and the like.