Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 2010 22:51:54 +0100
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Matej_=C5=A0erc?= <matej.serc@gmail.com>
To:        krad <kraduk@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE amd64 hangs

Hi,

thank you very much for all the answers and ideas. We have found out that
after the server was moved to different switch in the co-location centre th=
network interface and the switch auto-negotiated at the 10 Mbit Full Duplex
mode. After setting it to GBit manually, everything seems to be working
normally, but I am going to check it for some more time. SNMP connects to
the local, isolated network from public and we have control over all the
devices in the network.

I will post if anything new happens, but for now it seems this throughput
limitation was causing those issues (although I am still wondering why ther=
is nothing in log files, but due to network "overload" every service we wer=
trying to connect to through network was not working any more).

Thank you for your time.

BR, Matej