Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 2004 15:21:29 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adding `pgrep' and `pkill' to /usr/bin

I noticed the upcoming version of OpenBSD will add the commands
`pkill' and `pgrep', which they picked up from NetBSD.  These
commands also exist in Solaris and Linux.  Anyone mind if I add
them to FreeBSD?  I'd just pick up the versions from NetBSD, and
make whatever changes are needed for them to work on FreeBSD.

(I actually had an idea of adding another option or two to `ps'
which would have given it abilities similar to `pgrep', but once
I noticed these I figured it would make more sense to add them)