Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 2010 10:43:59 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, sbruno@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [patch and review please] 64 CPU Support

On Sunday, July 25, 2010 4:48:53 pm Sean Bruno wrote:
> Reposting from -stable.
>
> Kind of a large patch, but in order to make an omlette, you need to
> break a few servers.
>
> This is a diff against -CURRENT, not stable-8 as I didn't get a chance
> to test it.  It is directly based off of changes that peter@ made to the
> Yahoo FreeBSD 7 tree.
>
> I have compile and boot tested this on my local machines, but I don't
> have 64 CPU machines to test upon.

I think IPI_AST in the first hunk should be using ipi_cpu().  I would perhaps
tackle ipi_cpu() as a first step: introduce ipi_cpu() on both i386 and amd64
(it should be ok to add a real version for i386 rather than the current macro,
it should be a copy of the amd64 code).  Other folks can help with other
architectures.  ipi_selected() should generally be a good clue as to how to
implement ipi_cpu().

--
John Baldwin