Date:      Mon, 25 Feb 2002 12:50:39 +0000
From:      Simon Dick <simond@irrelevant.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Cc:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wi0 not found/installed

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 01:39:36AM -0800, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> * Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE> [020225 00:44] wrote:
> >
> > With stock 4.4 I was able to use the wireless lan card (wi0).
> > Then I cvsuped -current three or four weeks ago and was lost with
> > wi0 no longer working.
> >
> > I'm supplying a dmesg output of boot -v and my kernel config file
> > hoping that someone can help me getting a working wi0 again.
>
> > # Pcmcia and cardbus bridge support
> > #device		pccbb			# cardbus (yenta) bridge
> > #device		pccard
> > #device		cardbus
> > # PCCARD (PCMCIA) support
> > device		card		# pccard bus
> > device		pcic		# PCMCIA bridge
>
> Try inverting these, meaining activate pccbb, pccard, and cardbus
> and remove card and pcic.
>
> you'll loose pccardd support, but your card should start working.

Weird, when I tried NEWCARD with my wi0 it didn't appear until I removed
the card and reinserted it so I stuck with OLDCARD which works fine
with my wi0:
wi0 at port 0x240-0x27f irq 9 slot 0 on pccard0
wi0: 802.11 address: 00:02:2d:27:de:3c
wi0: using Lucent chip or unknown chip

--
Simon Dick					simond@irrelevant.org
"Why do I get this urge to go bowling everytime I see Tux?"